Simala is a place for people who believes in miracles. This place has been known to be miraculous. The Monastery of the Holy Eucharist is a church in Sibonga for the Marian devotees. The church is very popular among believers not only because it is considered the home of the image of the miraculous Virgin but also because the place is truly amazing and spectacular. The Monastery is the place where the 'Mga Monghe ni Maria' [Monks of Mary] lives.
Since this is a holy place for prayers, you can certainly find candles being lit endlessly by devotees.
One thing that you would conspicuously notice are the variously colored candles to serve their various prayers signified by their colors. Yes, you can buy them in one place located inside the shrine.
Here are the colors and their corresponding prayers:
- Gold - Healing (good health, recovery, spiritual, family tree)
- Green - Prosperity/Success (exam, study, financial, business)
- Blue - Perseverance (employment, career, assignment, promotions)
- Violet - Achievement (plans in life, struggles, endeavors, journey, voyage)
- Red - Love (unity, friendship, engagement, family)
- Yellow - Peace (courage, strength, hope)
- White - Purity (enlightenment, guidance, right path)
- Orange - Reconciliation (sweetheart, wife, husband, enemy, family)
- Pink - Thanksgiving/Happiness/Joy (spiritual, physical)
- Black - Souls (forgiveness, pardon)
- Brown - Vocation (marriage bond, God's servant, single life)
- Gray - Deliverance (bad ways, things, spirits)
- Cream - Conversion/Faith (children, household, couples)